Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning,
I hope that you have had a good week so far! Today’s card I feel is an interesting one, Healing Your Inner Child” Allow it to be felt, heard, validated and expressed.
How often do you allow your inner child a space to feel all of those things? to even be given a space for a little bit of fun or creativity. We all know that adulthood is all about responsibility, maturity, being perceived as doing the right thing from the judgement of moral standards, or expectations of what an adult means, but where do you allow your inner child to express itself?
I watched an interesting video yesterday which indicates the very thing that compounds pain in adulthood and that is not healing our inner child if there has been trauma, challenges as a child when growing up, quite often not healing it can ripple and permeate into the very core of trying to become an adult, it has an impact on our relationships, friendships and also in general.
So where do you recognise, any trauma or healing within your inner child that may need attention?
Society I feel doesn’t encourage such reflection, it is usually only addressed in adulthood when an individual gets to a stage of catalyst and being forced into a situation of looking in the mirror that at times it may only then get addressed.
The important aspects of healing our inner child I feel are the following:-
- Healing earlier childhood trauma, hurt, pain and experiences.
- Learning to forgive those that have hurt you.
- Learning to forgive yourself
- Learning to get to a stage of integrating your inner child into adulthood
- Allowing the expression of feelings of all that is associated emotionally, spiritually and mentally with your inner child.
- Allowing for natural expression of your inner child, this can be through fun, creative expression, dance, communication, literature.
You see sometimes we forget to allow our “Inner Child” a place to have a little fun and to play, this is so important, as it gives the little person that is part of your inner you a space to feel honoured.
Have a great Friday, deep stuff, yes it is, but healing is, you don’t get to the root of healing by staying on the surface.
In love and beautiful light,
Susan Lawrence Soul Coaching ©